It was the pinnacle of partisan politics during the 2007 legislative session. Governor Blunt announced the first round of funding from the privatization effort called the Lewis and Clark initiative which sells student loans and provides money for educational institutions. Here's where the first round went.
* Harris Stowe State University Children and Parent Education Center, $26,972
* Missouri State University, $22,273
* Northwest Missouri State University Plant Biologics Center, $6,998,855
* Southeast Missouri State University River Campus, $16,540,000
* Truman State University Pershing Building, $6,250
* University of Missouri-Rolla Engineering Building, $3,304,673
* St. Charles and East Central Community Colleges, $4,000,000
* Department of Economic Development Missouri Technology Corporation, $8,512,500
The governor did a good job of spinning the dismal report issued by the state auditor last week in a press release issued today.