Correspondence with Missouri's Department of Conservation

Dear Representative of Missouri's Department of Conservation.

Dear John,
Thank you for informing me of the laws regarding Trout limits. Contrary to popular belief, I don't enjoy trout fishing one bit. It's the tasty fish flesh I crave and hope to make this experience as painless as possible.

Perhaps you could help. Though I write to my readers about the enlightenment one receives as they strive for excellence in the Hillbilly Arts, I realize my ability to easily catch my limit is more a matter of understanding science.

In order to get a return on my investment, perhaps you could slide some information my way to tilt the odds in my direction. The cool water released from the bottom of the Table Rock Lake through the dam provides the environment by which the tasty fish snacks are released. Since I'm outside of the Trophy Trout zone I don't hear the alarms go off when water and new fish are released for my stalking.

A list of drop off points (GPS Coordinates proffered) time of release and the number of fish being released at points other than the dam might help me get the upper hand.

Also, according to the manual, children are able to kill at will. If I pay a child 5 dollars to go fishing with me; how much higher will our joint trout limit be?

Lastly, how much does it cost to produce trout into the lake (dollars per fish)?







Dear Darin:

Glad to hear you enjoy trout fishing in the Ozarks and specifically Taneycomo. The information Renea sent to you is correct. Your information was mostly correct except for the daily limit of trout is only 4 not 6. If you would like to know where to find information directly from the Missouri Department of Conservation you can go to our web site: www.mdc.mo.gov .

The direct link to the summary of 2008 Fishing Regulations is: http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/Documents/2115.pdf
For Permit information look at page 6 of the file (page 4 of the document)
For Seasons and Limits look at page 10 of the file (page 8 of the document)
For Trout Fishing opportunities look at pages 18-22 of the file (pages 16-20 of the document)

Thanks again for enjoying trout fishing in Missouri. If you ever need to verify your Missouri fishing/hunting information or would like talk to a MDC representative, please contact me.

Sincerely,

John Miller
Naturalist Program Supervisor
Shepherd of the Hills Conservation Center
483 Hatchery Road
Branson MO 65616
(417) 334-4865 ext 0
John.Miller@mdc.mo.gov