Branson Alderman Dick Gass not seeking re-election

Branson's communication director Jerry Adams issued the following:

Alderman served during record growth, now wants to “stop and smell the roses”
After six years as a Branson alderman and serving through the biggest growth period of the city’s history, Ward 3 Alderman Dick Gass has decided against running for another two-year term in the April city election.

The following is a statement released by Alderman Gass.

“Because of my many friends and supporters who encouraged me to run again, I feel obligated to explain to them and to my constituents my reason for not running for a fourth term as city alderman from Ward 3 at this time.

I am very proud to have worked with a group of individuals over the years who had the foresight to envision the positive economic impact, which Branson Landing and the convention center; the Branson Hills commercial development; the RecPlex; the extension of Fall Creek Road and the future Branson Airport would have for the citizens of Branson and our tourists.

I especially thank former mayor Lou Schaefer, former city administrator Terry Dody, former economic development director Mike Rankin, city staff members and all the past and present aldermen and alderwomen who worked so diligently to bring these projects to fruition. And I wish all the best to Mayor Raeanne Presley and all future Board of Aldermen members.

After six years of commitment to the city of Branson as an alderman, I have decided to take some time off to ‘stop and smell the roses.’

However, I will continue to be available and to participate in whatever community service I can, because this community has been so good to my wife, my family and me.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to serve you.”
Posted by Picasa