No More Anonymity in Taney County

This is a formal farewell to anonymity. It's gone. I was at the courthouse today and a woman runs up waving to me as I trotted across the courthouse sidewalk. "You need to update your voter registration.", she yells. Having lived in cities with a seven digit population count this struck me in a rather serious way.
It was like that all day. My low key apparel no longer shades me from identification. This isn't all bad. I was at the Christian County Courthouse on Wednesday with a bulky backpack which I often carry to house my laptop. I use to get searched all the time with courtesy calls made to publishers by local authorities - just to make sure I was legit. This doesn't happen anymore. I've been given a strange sort of permission to be who I am and do what it is I do.