417 Magazine Article Ex-Rogue - Branson Update

417 Magazine December 
If you click on the pic below you can read Gregory Holman, Branson local and editor of 417 Magazine, took the time to recognize my efforts in the December 2006 edition of the area's leading lifestyle magazine. Greg didn't pull any punches advertising both my shortfalls and prowess as a media producer. The fact that after a year of reporting on Branson someone took the time to recognize and acknowledge my achievements was uplifting and the fact that my shortcomings were so obvious to a seasoned journalist was a little embarrassing.
Perhaps, a more humorous element to the story is the fact that Greg exposed my urban hacking adventures in Branson. What's funny about the article was the close proximity to an article about the Titanic. On New Year's eve I was on assignment for the Branson Daily Independent when I met the owner's of the museum. Cameras aren't permitted in the museum as many of the artifacts are on loan from other collectors. Mary Joslyn gave me very specific instruction on what I could and could not shoot....shame sets in.....
Mary offered me a job shooting the Titanic Ice Sculpture contest under the condition I could have them posted over the wire.....Shame growing....
A few weeks later I was on assignment to the Branson Believer Awards Ceremony. This time I was on assignment for KZRK to grab sound bites and photos. I sat alone at the table in the front row. For a brief time I was alone. It was an awkward feeling being the only person sitting solitary in a packed room. My time was brief as shortly after the first course Mary and John Roslyn took a seat across from me. I couldn't take it any longer. I busted out, "Ms. Joslyn I have a confession...I hacked the Titanic”, referring to my self-guided tour. Both John and Mary were gracious and it didn't take long to realize I was in the presence of two extraordinary people.
Perhaps, you've had this experience, a sort of spiritual excitement experienced when you've met someone with an inherited or acquired greatness. The Joslyn's experience in media is an amazing story that I've been piecing together over the past few months.
The story of the Joslyn's "Titanic Adventures", is something I'm documenting. Holman gave me incentive to be a better writer and the Joslyn's a reason to write.