Branson Missouri Criticized For Supporting Big Business

I walked into a newspaper a few months ago and while I was submitting editorial to the publisher a reporter pulls me to the side to quiz me on personal political views. I turned to her holding my palm three feet above the ground and told her, “My political affiliation is simply this - A little girl about this big and the kind of world I want her to live in”.

One of my motivations for starting this site was in response to politically skewed editorial that bordered on fraud. The writer, which I will refrain from naming was boasting about “the new leaf” of our timeshare industry. The cites she made were misleading and review of source data confirmed the statement was lacking in integrity. A phone call was made to this journalist’s office and I was given the motivation behind the document. This my friends is a story in itself. Politics plays a role in journalism as my friend at Rhetorica continues to remind me. My concern was that if we reward them to early and without cause this company will have no incentive to change for the better. We want them to be rewarded when they do, but, not before they do!

Recently, this Branson Missouri site was accused of supporting big business:

Branson, Missouri says the special interest who poured their money into Nodler's campaign coffers during the last quarter are on the right track and insists that a later school start will help small schools without air conditioning and help students learn responsibility while they are working for minimum wage for the big-money interests who contributed to Nodler and the man who proposed a bill in the 2006 legislative session mandating a later school start, Sen. Jack Goodman, R-Mount Vernon.

I walked into a newspaper a few months ago and while I was submitting editorial to the publisher a reporter pulls me to the side to quiz me on personal political views. I turned to her holding my palm three feet above the ground and told her, “My political affiliation is simply this - A little girl about this big and the kind of world I want her to live in”.


Recently, this Branson Missouri site was accused of supporting big business:

Branson, Missouri says the special interest who poured their money into Nodler's campaign coffers during the last quarter are on the right track and insists that a later school start will help small schools without air conditioning and help students learn responsibility while they are working for minimum wage for the big-money interests who contributed to Nodler and the man who proposed a bill in the 2006 legislative session mandating a later school start, Sen. Jack Goodman, R-Mount Vernon.

If you read the content of this site you’ll find nothing could be further from the truth. We support good business and criticize business actions that threaten the economy through unfair dealings. We don’t hate a business because they’re large, nor do we support the actions of small businesses if they threaten to harm the tourist economy through unfair or dishonest practices.

The irony here is that the same day the above article was posted a State Senator inquired about the integrity of Randy Turner. I told the Senator, as I believe, that Randy is a reliable source and tries to dedicate himself to sound principles in his investigative reporting.

Is Randy a reliable source? Yes! Is Randy well rounded in his political views…hardly, but, he’s no sheep in wolves clothing, he’s upfront and clear about his political affiliations and obvious in his slant - If a business is big, they're bad.

We get hit from both sides of the political coin at times. We've been threatened by large enterprises that our personal efforts will be blocked due to our failure to support them blindly. To us, it's not the size of the business but rather the size of the business's ethics and contribution to the community. More to come....